Sunday, March 25, 2012

26.03.2012

This week has been absolutely packed, but in the best ways possible! :). I of course had my internship on Monday and Friday as usual, which was fun. I get to sing a bunch and hang out with little kids! Who wouldn't want to do that? Also, I picked the topic of 2 of my 4 papers and started brainstorming a bit, so next week I should be able to get cracking. I keep saying that and still nothing happens. Funny how that works.

On Tuesday for dinner, we made quiche at the office-- one of which was traditional quiche lorraine (ham and cheese), and the other was tomatoes and goat cheese. Both were delicious! After that, I went to karaoke at the Panama Cafe with my friends Mary, Darren, Robert and Fanni. Thursday afternoon, I got to go to a modern art museum in the city of Nimes for my art history class, which was a lot of fun! That night, Darren and I went to a showing of the movie West Side Story, and after, we went to Robert's. Friday afternoon, I went to coffee with Lydia and Emily, and after, just relaxed most of the day. I had to be up pretty early on Saturday, since we had an excursion planned by the program office! We first went to Lierab Ling, a Buddhist Temple, which was really beautiful, and the tour was interesting. After, we had a picnic at a bridge called "Viaduc de Millaud", which was absolutely stunning. I've never seen a view anything like it, and to top it off, it was about 70 degrees and sunny, so perfect hiking weather! Lastly, we went to the Roquefort Cheese caves, which was enjoyable. The tour itself was a little dull, since I'm not actually all that interested in the process of cheese-making, but the sampling of cheese and bread afterword was definitely worth it. Rocquefort is my host mom's favorite cheese, and has become one of my favorites as well. :). Today, I went to the beach with some friends-- Casey, Darren, Robert, Fanni and Zsofia, which was absolutely wonderful. It had been a while since it has been warm enough to even want to make the trek out there, so I can't wait to do it again soon! Afterwords, we went back to Zsofia's apartment for pizza and a movie night. All in all, it's been a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment